Cottage Bakery: Winnipeg (Pembina Hwy), July 14, 2019


Order: Pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries
Price: $11
Rating: 3/5

My apologies for being away, but I was on a diet to prevent myself from becoming a fat fuck from eating all this food.

Anyway, this was something a little different to try. I find that these independent places are either magnificent or mediocre. To survive the competition of McDonalds, you have to be good.


The decor was pleasant enough for a cafe/bakery that's been in existence since 1932. The place doesn't look war torn, so that's a good thing. I really hoped that I was going to "enjo" my food.


Hmmm... For eleven bucks, I was hoping for more than a fistful of fries. I figured these should be pretty damn amazing. The fries were mediocre. The dipping sauce tasted like cheap salad dressing from the dollar store. It was very vinegary.

The pulled pork sandwich was good. Not amazing, but good. Honestly, it's very difficult to write about mediocre food. I didn't hate any of this aside from the dipping sauce, but it wasn't memorable.

For the hell of it, I bought a chocolate croissant for $2.99. Again, we have the same mediocre stuff. If you asked me to tell the difference between this and one from Superstore, I couldn't do it. I'm pretty sure you get more of these from Superstore for $2.99.

Again, none of this was terrible, but you can get a better bang for your buck elsewhere. The meal itself would be perfectly adequate for $8. If you want a mind blowing experience at a cafe, try elsewhere like Folio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cottage Bakery: Winnipeg (Pembina Hwy), July 14, 2019

Order: Pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries Price: $11 Rating: 3/5 My apologies for being away, but I was on a diet to ...