Folio Cafe: Winnipeg (Grant Ave), Jan 21, 2018



Order: Mushroom Melt, Apple Rhubarb muffin, Orange Pekoe Tea
Cost: $15.00
Rating: 5/5

So I figured I should rate my hangout for when I'm stuck working in the city. When I found myself needing a place to do my blogging, I searched for Cafes and this one popped up. Since then, I haven't looked for another place.

This place is attached to some Mennonite bible college, and its usually full of students. There are electrical outlets at most of the tables, so there are plenty of places to plug in my laptop and my 8-track player.

The food here mainly caters to a hipster type of crowd, so while I fit in with my 8-track player, I don't exactly fit in with my food tastes. They have all these weird teas, a "morning glory" muffin that's seemingly full of twigs and grass clippings, and cookies that have a bunch of things that don't really belong in a cookie. I'm sure all of this is healthy for me and rids my body of evil gremlins, but it's not exactly appealing to me.



However, the good news is there's things here that I do like. I really like the non-twig-filled muffins such as the fantastic apple rhubarb muffin. Their mushroom melt is fantastically filled with gooey cheese, and it's a complete pleasure to chew on. The only thing that could possibly make it better is adding some chunks of bacon, but hipsters probably don't eat pork. The orange pekoe tea is your typical which is fine. There really isn't a way to fuck that up. The prices here are good in comparison to other cafes.

So if you need a place to listen to 8-tracks and write that piece of shit novel you're never going to finish nor publish, I highly recommend this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cottage Bakery: Winnipeg (Pembina Hwy), July 14, 2019

Order: Pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries Price: $11 Rating: 3/5 My apologies for being away, but I was on a diet to ...