Perkins, Winnipeg (St. James), Dec 16, 2018


Meal: Hearty Man's Combo
Price: $12.99
Rating: 5/5


We were planning to check out Ihop because we've never been. The lobby benches (if you can call them that) were full of hungry assholes who refused to cross the street and eat at McDonalds. When I'm hungry, I'm hungry now, so I have absolutely no desire to wait for a damn seat. I'd rather eat my own shit than sit and be hungry around a bunch of other hungry people who are irritated with waiting for a seat. Is Ihop really that good? Perhaps one day I'll find out, but not when I'm hungry to the point of chewing off my girlfriend's leg.

Instead, we went to Perkins. I always enjoy Perkins, and I've never had a bad experience. The same thing can't be said for the Christmas tree who appeared to be dying from the pure exhaustion of holding up a pointy star. Let's all say a prayer for the poor tree...


Our food arrived in under 10 minutes. I ordered the hungry man's combo because it had all of my favourite foods. It was excellent!


Eggs: I always get sunny side up. There is generally no fucking this up, and the yolk is great with my shredded potatoes.

Sausages: Fantastic! I generally hate sausages because they're fatty and greasy, but these were lean and tasty!

Other kind of Sausage: not the best I've had, but still good.

Bacon: This was probably the worst thing about my meal. The bacon wasn't by any means fantastic. I've never been fond of the apple smoked stuff. Just fry up some dead pig without adding anything and I'll be happy.

Pancakes: Superb! Fluffy and tasty! And they put butter on each layer unlike the crappy restaurants that only put it on the top layer.

I ate the whole thing as if I hadn't eaten for three days. My girlfriend's leg was spared.

Our server was good and he checked up on us a few times during the meal. He claimed back his empty dishes almost immediately after I had shovelled the food down my throat.


We got some pre-packaged mints made by Dare after the meal. They taste like Wrigleys doublemint gum. Not sure how to rate that, but any bonus is nice even if it tastes like old gum.

Overall, the meal was excellent for the price. You get less food at McDonalds for the same price. If you have time to sit and eat, just go to Perkins instead of a fast food joint simply because the value and the food is better. But when it comes to being in a hurry, nothing beats McDonalds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cottage Bakery: Winnipeg (Pembina Hwy), July 14, 2019

Order: Pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries Price: $11 Rating: 3/5 My apologies for being away, but I was on a diet to ...