Charlees Restaurant, Winnipeg (Elmwood), Dec 21, 2018


Meal: Sweet Chili Chicken Wrap with House Salad
Price: $11.29
Rating: 4/5

I've eaten here before and the food is usually good, so I figured I'd eat something I haven't tried yet. Well, I've eaten the salad before, so I'm only telling you a half truth.

This place used to be a filthy bar where I met my filthy ex-wife. It's nice that they slapped a fresh coat of paint on the place, but even a fresh coat of paint couldn't fix my ex-wife. Regardless, the place looks better than it did back then, and there aren't any sketchy-ass drunks hanging out there anymore.

My meal arrived after about 15 minutes. May I present the twin towers!


The cucumbers are the friends that nobody asked for, but they went down the same hole and will likely come out the same hole. The salad is full of craisins which is fine. The chewy and crunchy works here unlike raisin bran where the stupid flakes get soggy in the milk and it turns into a shitty, chewy mess. None of that here!

The wrap came with an unexpected ingredient... Raw onions. I fucking hate raw onions, and they weren't listed in the ingredients on the menu. They're splattered all over the top like shit speckles on a toilet seat.


On the plus side, I couldn't really taste them. The sign of a good chef is when they bury the pieces of shit you hate and can no longer taste them. I swear this never happens, and it's a first for me. Good job to the chef! I still think they should have been listed in the ingredients on the menu.

The chicken was very tasty, and because the wraps were standing up, I got a nice drink of chili sauce at the bottom. They should probably lay the twin towers down when they put them on the plate to avoid that.

Overall, it was pretty enjoyable. I got to sing some karaoke afterwards which is always a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cottage Bakery: Winnipeg (Pembina Hwy), July 14, 2019

Order: Pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries Price: $11 Rating: 3/5 My apologies for being away, but I was on a diet to ...