Smitty's, Winnipeg (St. James), Dec 27, 2018



Meal: Bacon Cheese Burger with Fries and Gravy
Price: $14.49
Rating: 3/5

I was craving a burger today. It had to be significant, so I wasn't going to eat any of that McDonalds stuff. I stopped at the nearest place that would have a significant burger, which happened to be Smitty's

Me and my girlfriend have lovingly nicknamed Smitty's as "Shitty's", even though we have never (as far as I remember) have had bad food here. Their wings are good, but I was too hungry to be nibbling on little pieces of chicken.



My food came in 5 minutes! Now, that can be a good or a bad thing. The fries appear to be of the frozen variety and look close to what McDonalds uses. It didn't look like there was any love put into them. The gravy was probably from a packet, but that doesn't bother me if it tastes okay, and this gravy was decent. It had enough (but not too much) salt content which worked well with the fries.




According to the menu, these are apparently "gourmet" burgers. Usually when I see the word "gourmet", it means "bland as fuck", and my assumption was correct. The burger came with no onions as I requested and the patty looked hand made, but there's nothing special here. The sauce was thousand island or some shit, and the patty was flavourless. It was edible, but boring. I could have had a big pile of McDoubles from McDonalds for $14.49, and those at least pack in some flavour.

My server wasnt giving two fucks today, and didn't check on me during my meal. I responded by reserving my tip for buying some more shitty albums from the thrift store. Sorry babe, I don't tip based on a nice butt and a phony smile. Thanks for the burger anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cottage Bakery: Winnipeg (Pembina Hwy), July 14, 2019

Order: Pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries Price: $11 Rating: 3/5 My apologies for being away, but I was on a diet to ...